A Comprehensive Charge by Pope Francis to the Renewal
The Birth of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal International Services (CHARIS) and its Importance for Catholic Charismatic Renewal
Cardinal Kevin Farrell
What Is the Renewal?
The worldwide Catholic Charismatic Renewal is an invitation to recognize that New Testament life in the Holy Spirit can be a norm for every faithful Roman Catholic today.
The Spirit’s grace, stirred by the “Baptism in the Holy Spirit”, deeply impassions Christians to live holy and to love as Christ taught.
Emphasis on the Presence of the Holy Spirit in our lives calls us as Roman Catholic disciples of Jesus:
- to union with the Pope, the successor of St. Peter, and our bishops
- to fidelity to the seven Sacraments
- to a deeper appreciation of God’s Word
- to fittingly express manifestations of all the Gifts of the Holy Spirit, which help sanctify every Christian and inspire us to mission
- to evangelize by proclaiming His Good News in both words and actions
to be a faithful witnesses of the Risen Christ through prayer, worship, liturgy, formation, service, ecumenism, and community