The Worship Office serves to assist the Bishop as chief liturgist of the diocese.
Specific duties include:
- Plan and implement Diocesan liturgical celebrations
- Oversee the planning of all liturgies involving the Bishop
- Oversee the implementation of the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults throughout the Diocese
- Provide on-going education/catechesis of liturgical matters and RCIA to clergy and laity
- Serve as a resource in offering liturgical consultation and respond to questions and concerns of clergy and laity
Assisting the Worship Office:
- The Diocesan Liturgical Commission reports to and collaborates with the Worship Office to assist in the work of liturgy.
- The Diocesan Music Commission reports to and collaborates with the Worship Office in the area of liturgical music.
- The Diocesan RCIA Commission reports to and collaborates with the Worship Office to assist in the work of initiating those of or over the age of seven.
Director of Worship / Liturgy