How to handle gifts of stock
If you wish to give a gift of stock please refer your broker to Micah Lehner at PNC. Micah will provide instructions for the transfer. Micah’s direct dial phone number is (412) 807-3479 and his email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
PNC will need to know:
- The stock is a gift to be processed through the Roman Catholic Diocese of Lexington, Kentucky account
- The check for the net proceeds is issued to the Catholic Diocese of Lexington, Attention Bobbi Silver, Director of Development for the Diocese.
- The name of the donor and the broker
- The name of the stock and the number of shares
- Who or what the donation is for (Example: Annual Appeal, Parish, etc.)
NOTE: After you have contacted PNC or when you know a donor is contacting PNC, please contact Bobbi Silver at the Catholic Center. (859-253-1993 or email@example.com) Let her know to expect the stock, and any information you can that will help identify the gift upon receipt. For example, the type of stock and number of shares and the location that should receive the gift.
A check will be issued from the Diocese to the appropriate entity the week after the proceeds check is received from PNC. The Diocese will also forward the donor gift amount (the value of the stock on the date it was received) to the entity for the individual’s tax purposes. The location receiving the gift is responsible for providing donor acknowledgment.
If the stock to be gifted is held electronically, please instruct your broker or the custodian of the shares to deliver the gift to: