Diocesan Review Board
The Diocesan Review Board functions as a confidential consultative body to the Bishop of Lexington. The Board is composed of a majority of lay persons not in the employ of the Church and who are competent in related fields of Social Work, Medicine, Law Enforcement, and Civil Law.
The Board is to advise the diocesan bishop in assessment of allegations of sexual abuse of minors and his determination of a cleric’s suitability for ministry. In addition, the Board is to regularly review diocesan policies and procedures for dealing with sexual abuse of minors.
Diocese of Lexington Review Board Members:
- Pam Black, LCSW
- Rebecca DeLoreto, Attorney
- Kristen Gallagher, LCSW
- Rev. Steve Roberts, MD, Pastor
- James Root, Retired Lexington Police Officer
- Dr. Robert Simon, MD
- Karen Abbey, Chancellor (Ex-officio)
- Doug Culp, Bishop’s Delegate for Administration (Ex-officio)