The goal and mission of the Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry office is rooted in the mission of the Catholic Church and Diocese of Lexington. The YYACM office is committed to assisting parishes in the development of ministry to, with , by and for young people. The YYACM office serves youth, young adult and campus ministry leaders through training and formation opportunities, consultation and resource services.
- The mission of the Catholic Church and the Diocese of Lexington
- The wisdom of collaborative leadership within the diocese
- The importance of fully catechized, trained and committed adult leaders
In their 1997 document on Youth Ministry, Renewing the Vision: A Framework for Catholic Youth Ministry, the U.S. Catholic Bishops outline three interdependent and equally important goals to guide the Church's ministry with adolescents.
Goal 1: To empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
Goal 2: To draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission and work of the Catholic faith community.
Goal 3: To foster the total personal and spiritual growth of each young person (RTV 9-18).
Based on the mission and values of the Youth, Young Adult and Campus Ministry Office, we strive to meet these goals by:
- Provide training and formation opportunities for youth ministry leaders to carry out effectively their role in educating and forming young people as Catholic Christians. Evangelizing and mentoring young people to lives as disciples through service, ministry and leadership opportunities in the catholic way of life.
- Developing, calling forth, affirming and empowering the diverse gifts, talents and abilities of youth leaders in our diocese for effective leadership.